The River Club’s Mouth Watering Chocolate Brownies
Gazing out at the gorgeous Zambezi River with a sweet chocolate treat in hand is heaven on Earth! After all – calories don’t count when you’re on vacation, right?
Guests at The River Club in Zambia can never resist the delectable treats that resident Chef Tawanda creates, and his mouth-watering chocolate brownies are always a crowd pleaser!
Ooey, gooey brownies are nostalgic comfort food that never grows old. Whether your memories are of licking the mixing bowl as a child or finding the most decadent chocolate treat on your travels, sentimental feelings always bring forth emotions of togetherness and enjoyment. There are plenty of reasons to stay at The River Club, but there’s no doubt guests love this chocolate brownie recipe and the extra indulgence of seasonal fruit and homemade ice cream on the plate.
If you’re on the lookout for a treat full of chocolate goodness, you need to give Chef Tawanda’s delicious brownie recipe a try!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 sticks unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g of 60% dark chocolate broken into chips
- Butter and flour in a 9″ square baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Melt half the butter and pour into a small mixing bowl. Let the butter cool down to room temperature before adding the remaining butter. Whisk until creamy.
- Using a mixer, beat eggs and sugar together until pale and thick. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts to your mixture, e.g. dry, add butter, dry, add butter, dry, add butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips. The batter can then be covered and refrigerated (if you wish) for up to 5 days.
- Spread the batter into a prepared pan (the batter should be thick).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the ‘toothpick test’ shows only a few crumbs.
- Cool in pan to room temperature.
- Cut and serve with your favourite fruits and/or ice cream!