National Art Gallery of Zambia Seeks Wildlife Art Submissions
Following the success of the 2021 Wildlife Art Exhibition, submissions are open for Zambia’s Second Annual Wildlife Art Exhibition. The formal opening will take place at the National Art Gallery in Livingstone on Saturday 26 November and run for three months thereafter. The Exhibition will run in association with the 3rd Annual Southern Zambia Birding Festival (ASZBF3). The Exhibition will again be curated by well known Zambian artist Quentin Allen.
The start of the ASZBF3 coincides with the end of the 2022 Pan-African Ornithological Congress in Victoria Falls and expects to draw PAOC participants across the border for the Festival. It follows that the Exhibition will again give preference to works featuring birds. Zambian and Zambia-based artists with eligible works are invited to submit them for consideration subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Submissions for consideration to be made by email or WhatsApp with a high quality photograph of the work(s), dimensions, title and sale price to Quentin (email@example.com) or Alistair (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 1 October 2022;
- Submitted works must be clearly related to Zambia’s wildlife and/or conservation of the country’s natural environment;
- No more than two pieces per artist will be accepted for exhibition;
- The curators’ decision on what pieces to exhibit is final;
- Accepted pieces must be delivered by 15 November 2022 either to Quentin Allen in Lusaka, or direct to the National Art Gallery of Zambia in Livingstone;
- The National Art Gallery of Zambia will levy 25% commission on the sale price of any exhibited piece sold;
- Pieces sold during the exhibition must remain there until it closes unless purchased by an international visitor leaving Zambia before the exhibition ends;
- The vendor is personally responsible for the delivery to purchaser of any of her/his purchased pieces;
- Unsold pieces should be collected by the owner either from the National Art Gallery of Zambia within ten days of the exhibition closing or from Quentin Allen in Lusaka by mutually agreed arrangement.
Alavan Business Advisory, Zambia
Coordinator and Principal Sponsor
Southern Zambia Birding Festival